This eucalyptus pulp mill will have an annual production capacity of 2.1 million tonnes and is scheduled for start-up in the second half of 2022.
The core equipment supplied by ANDRITZ will originate largely from Finland and thus will have a significant positive employment impact on employment for ANDRITZ’s staff there as well as on the ANDRITZ workshops where a large part of the core equipment for this contract will be manufactured.
The ANDRITZ scope of supply includes the following:
- A complete Wood Processing Plant maximizing utilization of various eucalyptus species.
- The “world’s largest single-line Fiberline”, including state-of-the-art LoSolids continuous cooking with efficient heat recovery and unique washing and bleaching technology based on DD-Washers, all contributing towards high-quality pulp, highest operational time, and low chemical consumption, thus having lowest environmental impact.
- A new and innovative EvoDry Pulp Drying System with two energy-efficient pulp drying lines based on the high-capacity Twin Wire Former technology.
- An energy-efficient black liquor Evaporation Plant with a tailor-made process solution resulting in high availability and increasing the overall production and efficiency of the plant.
- The HERB Recovery Boiler features energy-efficient flue gas cooling and feed water preheating technologies to maximize steam production for power generation. The state-of-the-art HERB Recovery Boiler is designed for extended operating periods.
- A biomass Power Boiler based on high-quality ANDRITZ EcoFluid Bubbling Fluidized Bed (BFB) technology. The scope of supply includes a biomass-fired boiler with flue gas cleaning and other auxiliary equipment. The Power Boiler also supplies steam for the mill during start-up. The fuels used are bark, harvesting residues and sludges from the mill.
- A complete White Liquor Plant. The new recausticizing plant includes efficient green liquor filtration with LimeGreen filters – producing clean green liquor and minimizing waste to landfill. The new lime kiln plant includes two lime kilns with high-efficiency ANDRITZ LimeCools.
This major order once again confirms the excellent and long-term business relationship between ANDRITZ and UPM. ANDRITZ also supplied a complete pulp mill in Fray Bentos, Uruguay, which was started up successfully in 2007 and is now owned by UPM.