IPW - The magazine for the international pulp and paper industry Problems viewing this newsletter? Please click here.
To unsubscribe, please click the link at the bottom of the page.
Bookmark and Share
  Contact www.ipwonline.de Imprint July 18

Inken Schoenauer
Dear ipw reader,

please find a selection of the latest news from the world of pulp and paper below!


your ipw and bio-fibre team

Valmet to supply a third Advantage tissue production line to Lila Group in Turkey

Valmet will supply a complete Valmet Advantage DCT 200 tissue line to the Turkish tissue manufacturer Lila Group in Corlu, 100 km west of Istanbul. The TM3 line will be equipped with all state-of-the-art options available including stock-preparation and an extensive automation package to achieve production with high efficiency and low energy consumption. Start-up is planned for 2020.
Voith to supply new Propapier PM 3 packaging paper line

German papermaker Progroup AG has chosen Voith’s XcelLine machine concept for its flagship greenfield plant, Propapier PM 3 GmbH. The site is scheduled to open in 2020 in Sandersdorf-Brehna in the northwest of Leipzig.
Toscotec and tissue industry leaders join forces at TAPPI to set guidelines for steel Yankee dryers

Steel Yankee dryers have been operating since 2000, and in recent years, they have become the dominant trend in the tissue industry. At present, the estimated number of steel Yankee dryers in operation worldwide is almost 400 units.
Market data demonstrate strong performance of European pulp and paper industry

CEPI, the European association representing the pulp and paper industry, today released its annual market and industry review for 2017 which confirms, despite a challenging global environment, the strong performance of industry in Europe.
BillerudKorsnäs is Tara Expedition Foundation's partner of the month

BillerudKorsnäs, a sustainability leader in the global packaging industry and provider of packaging solutions, has been sponsoring the Tara Expeditions Foundation since the Tara Pacific expedition began in 2016.
Archroma celebrates opening of Global Competence Center for Whiteness

Archroma officially inaugurated its new Global Competence Center for Whiteness in Prat, near Barcelona, Spain. The Center, which opened on July 5, 2018, further establishes Archroma as a global whiteness leader and underlines Archroma’s ambition to bring new, innovative whiteness and brightness solutions to the specialty paper and packaging markets.
Transparency, efficiency and safety with Virtual Reality Solutions by Voith Paper

On 26 June, during ZELLCHEMING-Expo 2018, Voith introduced its new smart service package, Virtual Reality Solutions by Voith Paper. It offers paper manufacturers the opportunity to have their new machine modeled in virtual reality. This means that Voith customers can benefit from more transparency, efficiency and safety in paper production over the entire life cycle of the machine.
Toscotec’s MODULO-PLUS fired up at Celupaper S.A., Argentina.

Celupaper S.A. successfully started up PM4, a new MODULO-PLUS tissue machine supplied by Toscotec, at its Papelera Nicaragua mill, Argentina. The tissue machine started producing sellable paper immediately after start-up and is scheduled to reach the target speed in the following weeks, after careful fine-tuning.
Andritz acquires Diatec, Italy

Andritz has acquired a 70% stake in Diatec S.R.L., a leading manufacturer of converting machines for the hygiene and food packaging industries based in Collecorvino in the region of Pescara, Italy. The remaining 30% will stay in the hands of the two current shareholding families.
ANDRITZ pulp drying plant achieves new world record at UPM’s Kymi mill, Finland

The Andritz pulp drying plant installed at UPM’s Kymi mill in Kouvola, Finland, achieved a new record production capacity of 2,452 tons per day on May 31, 2018. n terms of specific drying capacity, this equals 389.2 tons per day and meter of working width on the 6.3 meter wide sheet drying machine, which is a new world record for drying of bleached birch and pine kraft. The mill was started up successfully in 2015 and has achieved several production records since then.

Banner MIAC 2018

Marco Lucisano new head of RISE Bioeconomy

RISE appoints Marco Lucisano as new head of the division Bioeconomy. Marco Lucisano will take office on August 1, 2018.
Rengo to Develop New Cellulose Nanofiber Through Application of Cellophane Production Technology

Rengo Co., Ltd. has applied cellulose production technology to develop Xanthated Cellulose Nanofiber (XCNF®), a new cellulose nanofiber. Cellulose nanofiber is a fibrous substance made by microfiberizing cellulose in wood cellulose fiber to the nanometer level* using chemical or mechanical processes. It is said to have one fifth the weight of steel but five times its strength.