Andritz has supplied the following equipment to Fibria’s new pulp mill:
rkj / 09/21/2017
- A complete wood processing plant with four chipping lines each consisting of the world’s biggest horizontally fed HHQ-Chippers with a capacity of 400 m3 solid-under-bark per hour. The scope also includes the chip screening station, chip storage with a round pile stacker-reclaimer, which also provides chips to the first pulp production line, and bark handling. The unique HHQ-Chipper contributes towards providing the highest and most uniform chip quality, which significantly increases fiber yield both in woodyard and in fiberline operations.
- A hardwood fiberline comprising a chip feed system, LoSolids continuous cooking, screen room and bleaching, and eight DD-Washers, which ensure low operating costs, low emissions, extremely high washing efficiency, and excellent fiber quality. The capacity (6,120 adt/d) is the highest in the world for a single fiberline.
- Two energy-efficient pulp drying lines (working width of 8,004 mm and capacity of 3,060 adt/d each) based on the high-capacity Twin Wire Former technology, air borne dryers, cutter-layboy, and five baling lines. The approach system includes a full cascade screening plant and ensures homogeneous pulp feed to the subsequent process stage. The pulp dewatering machine comprises a dilution-controlled headbox, Twin Wire Former, and press section with combi-press and shoe press. The drying plant is designed for a specific plant capacity of more than 380 tons per day and meter of working width, which has been very well proven for Andritz pulp drying plants all over the world. The Andritz airborne dryer is the most energy efficient of its kind. The reliable Andritz cutter-layboy provides the pulp bales to be further processed in the high capacity baling lines, where the final pulp bales are produced.
- The largest black liquor evaporation plant in the western hemisphere (evaporation rate 1,950 t/h), which concentrates black liquor to a dry solids content of 80% for efficient combustion in the HERB recovery boiler. The plant is equipped with the latest of Andritz's innovations in secondary condensate quality enhancement for 100% reuse in other departments of the mill. Furthermore, the evaporation plant is integrated with the recovery boiler, which has an energy-efficient boiler feed water heating system.
- The largest recovery boiler in Latin America with a peak capacity of 8,250 tds/d. The Andritz HERB recovery boiler is equipped with state-of-the-art combustion technology to minimize the emissions and maximize green energy production. It is capable of burning and destroying all the harmful non-condensable gases and the methanol produced in other process areas of the mill. The HERB recovery boiler supports and provides steam and power for the complete pulp mill and generates a large electricity surplus, which is to be distributed through the national grid.
- Energy-efficient and largest white liquor plant in the world (18,900 m3/d white liquor production), which meets the highest environmental standards and provides top performance and excellent availability under any process conditions. The white liquor plant consists of the single-line recausticizing plant and two lime kilns (840 t/d each), designed to burn oil, natural gas, and syngas.
- In addition, Andritz has delivered a chloride and potassium removal system to enhance the chemical recovery process and a liquid methanol plant for production of biofuel.